ultraviolet (UV) disinfection technology is based on the modern epidemic prevention, medical and optical dynamics, its treatment process is an extremely quick physical process. UV light mutates and/or degrades DNA. When the DNA is damaged, the organism becomes unable to function because its “instructions” are garbled or missing. An organism that has no instructions cannot function and reproduce, and cannot cause infection. It is rendered harmless and eventually dies.
In the UV disinfection process, water is purified as it runs through a stainless steel chamber (also called a “reactor”) that contains a special UV- producing lamp. As the water flows past the lamp, the microbe in the water receive a lethal dose of UV.
UVM series UV sterilizer is specially designed for sea water, the reactor chamber uses high quality organic material for corrosion-resistant, long life time and stable performance. This UV sterilizer has strong sterilization and water purification function, non-toxic and harmless, it is an ideal solution for aquarium and aquaculture water treatment.
● Easy to install with in-line chamber design.
● Low capital cost and low power consumption.
● Substantial reduction in chloramines.
● High quality organic plastic reactor chamber is compatible for fresh water, sea water, chlorine feeder and salt chlorinator.
● Lamp life time: 9000 hours of operation, approximate 12 months of continuous service.
● Installation conditions: Avoid touching the sides of the quartz sleeve and lamp, handle by the ends only. The UV lamp and quartz sleeve are easily damaged.
● Operation and maintenance: Quartz sleeve is to be cleaned every 6-12 months and to be replaced every 24 months. UV lamp is to be replaced every 12 months for continuous service.